Tonkatsu Roll Sushi
|uncooked rice||3 rice-cooker cups|
|pork (finely minced)||4 fillets|
|oba (Japanese basil) leaves||10|
|sushi nori||4 sheets|
|breaded coating for frying (wheat flour, breadcrumbs as required, beaten egg as required, oil for frying as required)||-|
|Otafuku Sushi Vinegar||0.5 cup|
|Otafuku Okonomi Sauce||3 tbsp|
- 1Cook the rice and add Sushi Vinegar to make sushi rice.
- 2Shred the cabbage and carrots into strips, add salt and after 10 minutes immerse in water, then drain. Squeeze the water out thoroughly and dress with Okonomi Sauce.
- 3Spread out the pork, wrap around (2) as a core, coat with wheat flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs in that order and fry.
- 4Place the nori on the makisu sushi rolling mat and spread with sushi rice ensuring that there is a 2-3cm rice-free gap at the edge furthest away from you.
- 5Line up the oba leaves along the center of the rice-covered nori pointing towards you, add Okonomi Mayonnaise to taste, place (3) on top and roll up.
- 6Cut into segments of the desired width and arrange on a serving dish.